Monday, July 12, 2010

This place is heaven






Im not going to want to leave I can feel it now. We took a bus ride from the hotel in Chennai to the Leprosy colony. The bus had no air conditioning and just windows and it was also 4 hours long. It was SO hot! I was sticking my head out the window the entire time. When we would drive by everyone would point and tap the person next to them and show them that a bus full of white people were driving by haha its very funny. The people here look very cold and just almost empty and hard but once you give them a smile and wave they soften up and look like the nicest people EVER! Today we didn't work with any of the people affected with leprosy, we just got to play with their kids and the kids from the village! It was so amazing! You couldn't help but smile the entire time. Right when I walked out this girl Nadia ran up to me and grabbed my hand and asked for my name and after that she was attached to my hip. She is the cutest ever! All the kids here call you auntie for girl and uncle for guy and then your name, so for me they call me Auntie Ash. They loooove to get their picture taken its hilarious! Auntie Ash, Auntie Ash photo photo!! For dinner we ate on banana leaves never done that before but it was rad! My camera died right after getting to the kids so i will take TONS of pictures tomorrow!! All the girls were so interested in the nail polish on my nails and toes and trying to see if it came off by scratching it with rocks haha and all my rings and bracelets. They are so stinkin cute.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! You sure sound like you're having a blast, and I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete