Friday, July 9, 2010

OH.MY.GOSH.

I leave for the Orange County airport in like 5 and a half hours! Why am I still awake? Because I'm to excited to sleep. I'm so exhausted but sleep is not an option these past couple of days. People keep asking me if I'm nervous and YES I am super nervous but SO excited! The thing I'm most nervous for in India is probably the fact that the bathrooms are holes in the dirt. I can do this though :) What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? I guess I'll find out. Packing has been SO much easier since I don't really have to pack clothes because we have to wear the traditional Indian dress, the Sawry. Usually I would pack about three outfits just for one day and I can't believe I'm actually saying it but... it's really nice not having to pack a million outfits. But since I have a shoe addiction I attempted at packing 25 pairs of shoes. I even hid them in my suitcases before my dad got home from work so he wouldn't see them and say " You have got to be kidding me, Ashley! listen to me, You're going to a third world country this is not a fashion show". He said something along those lines but his words got blocked out because I thought the end of the world had literally just struck. The only words I heard come out of his mouth were that I could take 3 pairs of shoes. I then when into shock and almost passed out. But no worries everyone! I found a way to sneak my shoes back in! Not 25 but something around that number :) You can't win em all people.

*Thank you for the millionth time to EVERYONE that has donated no matter how large or small the amount!! Or even just for supporting me! It helped a bunch because look where I am now!! Laying on the floor of my room to excited to sleep. YOU GUYS ARE THEEEEE BEST!!

India in 5 and a half hours baby!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Ashley!!! Let us know when you get there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And miss you tons already :(

    ReplyDelete